Part 1: In the first part of this class, you will review the pattern, measurements, and fit. You'll choose your fabric and talk about making your own "fabric" to make your jacket.
You will have homework between sessions.
Part 2: Bring your quilted piece and cut it out. Sew it together to make your jacket!
What to bring to class:
- Tamarack Jacket Pattern
- Pattern Ease - 2 yds
- Scissors for cutting paper
- Sharpie or other marker
- Measuring Tape
- Fabric for the outside of your coat
- Sewing machine in good working order - don't forget your pedal and cord!
- Walking Foot
- Quilted Fabric For Coat
- Fabric Shears or Rotary Cutter
- Marking Tool - Chacopa, Chaco Liner, etc
- Fusible Interfacing - SF101 - 1/4 yd
- That Purple Thang
- Binding - 7 yds of 1/2" wide double fold bias binding, or 1/2 yd to make your own binding
- 4 coat hook & eyes, OR 4 heavy duty snaps
- Coordinating Thread
- Seam Ripper
Mesquite Bean Fabrics will give you a 10% discount on all supplies purchased for this class. (Make sure to tell your cashier that your items are for a class.)
We have a refrigerator and microwave and coffee maker in the classroom so you can bring a lunch or a snack.
Please arrive 15 minutes before class in time to set up so class can start on time.
If you need to cancel a class, you can cancel up to seven days before the class to receive a shop credit. If MBF or the teacher must cancel the class you will receive a full refund.
1432 Austin Hwy, Suite 105
San Antonio, TX 78209
|Skill Level: ||Intermediate|
|Skill Details: |
|Instructor: ||Stacy Pyron|