Do you want to learn to machine applique? Fused raw-edge applique is a terrific and quick way to make durable quilts - especially for babies and kids, and to create home decorations. Come take this class with Pam McHenry of Pamalama Jo Designs. You choose any one of the animals in PJD's patterns to make a unique pillow.
In this 3 hour class you will -
- Trace, fuse, and cut out your design. Press it in place.
- Practice machine applique method, guided by Pam, using provided practice materials.
- Get to know the perks and quirks of your own machine for applique.
- Determine and write down your machine's best stitch settings for applique
- Practice on your machine, guided by Pam. Learn her tips and tricks!
- Work on your pillow for remainder of class time.
Each student must bring -
- Pattern by PJD - Ocean Friends, Forest Friends, Texas Treasures, or Autumn Owl
- Machine in good working order that can do a zigzag stitch
- Fabrics for selected animal, background fabric (fat quarter will work for background)
- Fusible product. Steam-a-Seam 2 Lite recommended
- Basic sewing notions
- Matching or contrasting thread to applique (specialty threads not required)
- Open toed applique foot. Second choice, clear plastic foot.
- Applique teflon pressing sheet is very helpful
The following will be given free of charge to each student -
- Practice materials to get started learning to machine applique
- Sulky brand tear-away stabilizer for machine applique on your pillow
- Directions for the envelope style pillow
A 16" x 16" pillow form will be needed to finish this project but you don't need it for the class.